I seem to have a new love for HGTV. I babysit 2 and a half month old twins, and seem to have lots of time to have a show on in the background!!! (They are good babies). Today I watched a show called splurge and save. It gave me total inspiration for our future home! Then it got me really excited for when the time would come that we would get to purchase our very own home and paint it... renovate it.. just WHATEVER. That won't be for a while, but that just makes me more excited for when it does happen! I have already started saving things out of magazines that I really love- (I have ripped them out from doctors offices-- just the one page... is that bad?) Anyway, this show I saw today took an awful dining room and turned it into something fabulous!! Some things I learned on the show today
1. Mismatching is totally
FUN! You just have to do it the right way!
2. Vertical (those are the ones that go up and down right?) Make a room look much bigger! And it makes the ceiling look taller.
3. Be creative! They made a dining room table out of a DOOR! It was awesome, there was even a little square cut out that had metal bars in it, so they just cut some glass to fit it. It turned out so great.
4. I want to be awesome at decorating
sooo...
Before...

And After!!

If I ever have a dining room, I would love it to look similar to this. I love how they took a british colonial style room, and threw a zebra rug into the mix. Its perfect, and creative. I love it.
Love,
Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment