Let me tell you
My adorable sister-in-law doesn't really like flowers very much...? And so when she was getting married I thought "hmm.. how could your bouquet NOT be real flowers?" I saw a facebook friend who had a brooch bouquet made for her wedding.
I called my mom and my sisters and told them the idea, then I let Lisa (my SIL) look at a picture of it and she loved it! So we started collecting brooches and family jewels. We probably had 20 pieces or so that were family pieces such as my great grandpas pocket watch, which we set to 11:30 which is the time they were married. We also had some of my other great-grandpas cuff links.
Overall I think we used about 80 brooches and after many hours of aching fingers, I think it turned out fabulous! I love it so much I want to make myself one!! haha..maybe one day. The thing I love about it is that it will never die and its something that you can keep forever and pass on to your children etc. Anyway..here are the pics!!
Ps... it served more than one purpose.. it was HEAVY, so if Steven was being hard to get along with (steven?... never) Lisa had a weapon :)
This is just to show how adorable it looked against her dress



I think it is so beautiful!



Hi Meg! (Yes, I'm here again even though I've read this like 10 times!) Ok, you should do this to make money. You're awesome at it and it's beautiful!! Samantha paid a lot of money to get hers made...she mailed the broaches to the woman who made the bouquet and mailed it back. I don't know how long it takes you/how much work it was, but if you liked it, I think Sam paid a couple hundred for it...so it could totally be worth it!!! You're amazing!
ReplyDelete