Saturday, April 9, 2011

Again?

This is so NOT a pity me post.. just letting you know what been up lately! First off.. Michael go surgery on his shoulder.. OUCH.. he is tough though.. I just hate when he is in pain cuz it hurts me! One of my very best friends got home from her mission in Russia She is amazing and I am lucky to know her and was so excited to see her, I baked her this cake.. My first fondant cake, I like the way it turned out... but I still need to work on my fondant skills Oh, this was weird. Long story short I cut my finger BARELY with one of my dads pocket knifes, and this is what happened to it.. umm weird? I think so.. I was pretty sure I was going to have to get it amputaed but its been about 3 weeks now and the swelling is down, but it still is painful.. but I think I will get to keep my finger

I went home for spring break and left my cute husband here all alone...he wasn't too sad though that he sat front row at a George strait concert and got to shake hands with Reba McIntire (spelling?) and Leanne Womack

Lucas gets cuter every day! He is hilarous! Ty Ty gets cuter every day too.. I just forgot to take a picture of him! Too busy giving him kisses i guess
On top of all that happened over spring break, I had to go to the hospital cuz I though I was gonna die (my mom made me go), but I felt much better after the morphine and phenergan (I just got over the flu, hence the post name again? because I had flu like symptoms but they were WAY worse this time.. I hate feeling like that.. I puked all my guts up and never felt better, then had a sharp pain in my stomach so my mom thought it could be appendicitis.. but luckily it was not and I was on my way the next day.


Also, Grandma Lorna passed away. I was able to spend all of spring break at home (and grandma lives next door) so I was able to see her and serve her, and give her my love while she was dying, and I am grateful for that opportunity. It wasn't a sad time though, it was happy! Her husband died 33 years ago and I can't imagine how excited he was to see her and I know she was excited to see him because all she could talk about was how excited she was to die and that she was so ready to see her husband. It was a great day in heaven on April 1st at 9:30 pm when grandma passed through the veil to meet her husband and her Heavenly Father!


Also, news on our house. Its closing on April 25th and we are going to move the weekend of the 6th of May.. oh joyous day.. I CANT wait!!


Ok.. enough boring news for one post.


Love, your megan & michael

2 comments:

  1. Are y'all moving to Lubbock?? I thought I read that somewhere...? If so what ward??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan!
    It's fun to see what is going on with your cute family. I was sorry to hear about Lorna but had that same discussion with my mom about how happy she was to see her sweetheart. Glad you could be there.
    Your cake looks amazing, I've always wanted to take a class...one of these days. Congrats on the house that is so exciting!
    Hugs to your family!
    ~Jamey and the Kansas City Jenkins/Jeppson's

    ReplyDelete